Sunday, August 11, 2013
Easy Blinged-Out Photo Frame: under $5 per frame!
DIY Blinged-Out Photo Frames
Part of the reason that I've been so MIA on my blog entries this summer is that I was VERY busy for awhile in preparation for my sister's wedding! It was an amazing day!
The following project was actually her inspiration, and I assisted her in creating them. At her bridal shower and wedding, she wanted to showcase a feature called "Meet the Maids." Each frame showed a photo of one of her bridesmaids, along with a paragraph about the special relationship she shares with her. It was a really touching and cute addition to the events, and frames cost less than $5 each to make! Can't go wrong with that!
1. "Bling on a roll" (first photo below)- this had adhesive on the back of miniature rhinestones in a continuous roll that could be cut to size. Can be found at a craft store like A.C. Moore. Each roll was on clearance and cost under $3 - score!
2. 4x6 photo frames with sides wide enough to accomodate the "bling" that you purchase. The black "wooden" frames were purchased at Dollar Tree!
1. Measure each side of your photo frame.
2. Cut four strips of your "bling on a roll" to match the sizes of each side you are decorating.
3. Very carefully lay down and adhere your "bling" to each side of your photo frame.
The photo below shows the finished product - the frames WITH the personalized notes about each bridesmaid displayed (that portion of the project not part of this blog post). This very simple DIY project really added a special touch to otherwise boring photo frames.